Geneabloggers on Facebook
The competition categories:
1. Go back and cite your sources (this will be a good thing, still lots of sourcing and citing to do
2. Back up your Data! (this is sort of already done)
3. Organize your Research (oh well, my chaos is also unorganized... good good)
4. Expand your Knowledge (yes I am working on it)
5. Write write write!
6. Reach out and perform Genealogical acts of Kindness! (this one is easy!)
I think category 4 Expand your Knowledge looks fun, might go for platinum on that one!
- Task A: Use Google Maps to map out an ancestral location. Create a map that you can then embed into a blog post. To learn more see Google Maps and Carnival Posts at Bootcamp for GeneaBloggers.
- Task B: Create a timeline related to one of your lines of research, a specific ancestor or location. Get creative using a free application such as TimeToast. Post your timeline on your blog.
- Task C: Create a memorial page for an ancestor using either Footnote’s Create A Page feature or their Facebook application I Remember.
- Task D: Visit tutorial and learning pages of popular websites such as Ancestry.com or FamilySearch’s excellent articles repository.
- Task E: Create a surname visualization using Wordle, Word It Out or a similar application. Post the graphic to your blog. (done)